Indulge in the Richness of Chocolate Tart
And why don't you try to make one of our chef's dessert recipes?
Our Chef Nicolas Cloiseau is giving you the keys to one of the flagship desserts of La Maison, the CHOCOLATE TART.
A golden crisp pâte sablée (shortbread crust) filled with smooth ganache, so silky and creamy.
If you are a fan of fruit, you can decorate your tart by putting fresh raspberries on the top. And, for the more gourmand, the Chef proposes to pour some soft caramel with salted butter in the bottom of the tart under the ganache.
FOR 4-6 PEOPLE
The Art of Pastry: Making Golden and Crispy Sweet Dough
SWEET PASTRY DOUGH INGREDIENTS
85g sweet butter
10g almond powder
40g confectioner's sugar
135g flour T55 (preferred)
SWEET PASTRY DOUGH RECIPE
• Use mixer with a flat beater, cream chilled butter, confectioner's sugar and almond powder together.
• Add whole egg little by little without emulsifying in order to avoid making dough elastic.
• Finishwith the flour until you have a homogeneous mixture.
• Let the dough rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator to better preserve the butter in the dough during baking.
• Roll it to a thickness of 2mm on the mold of your choice, press the dough against the mold and remove the excess with a knife.
• Bake the bottom of the tart at 150°C for 10 min.
Chocolate Ganache: Making Smooth and Melty Covering
CHOCOLATE GANACHE INGREDIENTS
125g fleurette cream 35% fat
16g Acacia honey
20g Noir Robuste dark chocolate bar74%
70g Noir Equilibré dark chocolate bar 66%
35g Lait Musclé milk chocolate bar 37%
CHOCOLATE GANACHE RECIPE
• Heat the cream with honey and a 1/2 scraped vanilla bean until it comes to a boil.
• Filter and pour over previously chopped chocolate. Allow it all to melt about 2 minutes.
• Emulsify with a whisk in small concentric circles until you obtain a smooth, shiny mixture.
• Pour the ganache directly into the bottom of the chilled tart.
• Allow it to crystallize to room temperature...
La Maison du Chocolat pays homage to cakes, the ultimate dessert, with the Pleyel cake, a delicious chocolate cake which is made to be shared.
Noir Robuste 85% Chocolate Bar
Dark chocolate made from a blend of fine African cocoas, whose clean taste evokes the beans’ raw power.
Lait Musclé 40% Chocolate Bar
Milk chocolate made of an assemblage of fine cacao from Ecuador and Ghana with sweet notes of caramel and cocoa intensity.