PASTRY CREAM INGREDIENTS
780g whole milk - 15g cocoa powder - 80g caster sugar - 40g cornstarch - 80g egg yolks - 540g previously made chocolate ganache
PASTRY CREAM RECIPE
• Beat the egg yolks, sugar and cornstarche until creamy and whitened. Add the cocoa powder.
• Bring the milk to a boil. Pour some on the mixture. Put everything in a saucepan to cook.
• Whisk vigorously until the cream thickens. Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
• Add the chocolate ganache. Mix.
CHOCOLATE ICING INGREDIENTS
100g whole milk - 30g glucose syrup - 130g Équilibré dark chocolate bar 66% - 190g dark chocolate icing paste
CHOCOLATE ICING RECIPE
• Bring the milk and glucose syrup to a boil.
• Pour over the chopped chocolate and the icing paste.
• Mix at 45°C until it is smooth and shiny.
Tip from our Chef:
To know if you mixture is at 45°C, put a dab of icing on your lip: you should have a sensation of warmth.
• Pierce three wholes on the top of the choux pastry.
• Fill with 70 to 75g using a pastry bag tip of 0.6mm. Glaze the top of the éclair.
Tip from our Chef :
If you do not have a pastry bag, cut the éclair in two lengthwise and fill with a spoon.