Irresistible Ganache Spread: A Masterclass Recipe
Luscious, silky, smooth, shiny…our Master Chef Nicolas Cloiseau reveals the iconic recipe of La Maison du Chocolat, the ganache, this version is perfect for spreading.
For a jar of 650g
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooling time: 4 hours (2 hours at room temperature then 2 hours in the refrigerator)
Quality Ingredients for Exquisite Ganache Spreading
50g caster sugar
150 g whipped fleurette cream 35% fat
152g milk - 1/8 vanilla bean from Madagascar
0.5g fleur de sel
25g Acacia honey
200g Noir Equilibré dark chocolate bar 66%
70g Noir Robuste dark chocolate bar 74%
40g Lait Musclé milk chocolate bar 37%
Simple Steps to Crafting the Perfect Ganache Spread
• Bring the cream, milk, salt and honey to a boil.Infuse the vanilla bean which was previously scraped.
• Melt the sugar in order to obtain a clear caramel and deglaze with the preceding mixture.
• Pour over the previously chopped chocolates. Allow the entire mixture to melt for two minutes.
• Emulsify with a whisk by making small concentric circles to obtain a smooth, shiny mixture.
• Pour the ganache at 31°C into a jar.
• Wait until it is cold before closing the lid.
Tip from our Chef: if you do not have a food thermometer, put a little ganache on your lips. At 31°C, you should have a sensation of cold.
Noir Robuste 85% Chocolate Bar
Dark chocolate made from a blend of fine African cocoas, whose clean taste evokes the beans’ raw power.
Noir Équilibré 66% Chocolate Bar
Dark chocolate made from a blend of fine Caribbean cocoas, with notes of rounded chocolate and roasted nuts
Lait Musclé 40% Chocolate Bar
Milk chocolate made of an assemblage of fine cacao from Ecuador and Ghana with sweet notes of caramel and cocoa intensity.
Pérou Éclatant 70% Organic Chocolate Bar
An organic single origin Peruvian dark chocolate with lively tangy notes and a fine bitterness.