Irresistible Chocolate Madeleines Recipe
For Father's Day, Nicolas Cloiseau, Chef at La Maison du Chocolat and Meilleur Ouvrier de France Chocolatier, unveils his recipe for delicious chocolate madeleines.
First crunchy with their chocolate shell, then melt-in-the-mouth, this new take on the famous madeleine is sure to delight the whole family.
For 20 pieces of 20g
Madeleine Ingredients and Baking Process
INGREDIENTS FOR MADELEINES
- 2 eggs (100g)
- 75g caster sugar
- 90g T55 flour
- 7g cocoa powder
- 3g baking powder
- 4.5cl cream
- 45g tablette Noir 70% minimum
- 50g butter
- 2cl rapeseed oil
THE MADELEINES RECIPE
- Make a ganache with the chocolate bar and cream: heat the cream to boiling point, pour over the previously crushed chocolate and leave to melt for 2 minutes. Whisk in small concentric circles until smooth and glossy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Add the ganache to the mixture.
- Finish the mixture by adding the butter, melted at 50°C, and the oil.
- Line the madeleine mould and bake at 190°C for 4 to 8 minutes, depending on the size of your madeleine mould.
Crafting the Perfect Chocolate Glaze
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and temper. To do this, remove the bowl from the bain-marie when the chocolate has reached 50°C (45°C for milk chocolate). Remove the pan of hot water and set aside. Place the bowl of chocolate in a bain-marie of cold water and stir to bring the chocolate down to 28°C (27°C for milk chocolate). Return the bowl of chocolate to the hot water bath and bring it up to 31°C (30°C for milk chocolate).
- Dip the madeleines in the chocolate and return them to the madeleine mold until the chocolate crystallizes in the fridge.
La Maison du Chocolat revinviorgates a classic French pastry by offering you its own version of lemon pound cake: a cake that is both delicious and light
Unhinged Hazelnut Spread
New recipe ! Hazelnut spread, smooth and creamy, in a unique jar 280g.
Parisian Macaron 12 Piece Gift Box
Dark Chocolate Ganache nestled in a crunchy French meringue shell, with four intense flavors: dark chocolate, milk chocolate, caramel chocolate, passion chocolate...assortment in a box of 12 macarons.