Easter Delight: Oeufs Mouillettes Recipe
With Easter just around the corner, Nicolas Cloiseau, Chef at La Maison du Chocolat and Meilleur Ouvrier de France, shares the secrets of his "Oeufs mouillettes" recipe.
For around 15 eggs
Crafting the Perfect Biscuit: Mouillettes Recipe Steps
145g butter - 70g powdered sugar - 2 pinches salt (1g) - 30g Noir Équilibré 66% bar - 25g egg - 140g flour - 70g roasted hazelnut powder - 25g cocoa powder - 115g crêpe dentelle flakes
- The day before, roast your hazelnut powder at 160°C.
- Cream the butter in a food processor fitted with a rolling pin.
- Add the powdered sugar and salt and blend until smooth.
- Finish the mixture by adding the chocolate melted at 40°C and mix.
- Add the tempered eggs.
- Sift flour, hazelnut powder and cocoa powder together.
- Add the sifted powders to the mixture without overworking it.
- Add the crêpe dentelle gently, so as not to break it.
- Mix gently until smooth.
- Roll out the dough into a 25cm x 30cm rectangle on an 8mm flan.
- Chill in the fridge for 2h30.
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Cut into baguettes 1cm wide and 8cm long.
- Place on a mat or baking paper and bake for 10 minutes at 150°C.
- When removed from the oven, the baguettes are still soft. Leave to cool so you can handle them without breaking them.
Delightful Chocolate Dip: Recipe to Perfect the Spread
- Open, scrape and infuse the 1/2 vanilla pod in the cream and milk for 24 hours.
- The next day, heat the milk, cream and vanilla together.
- While the cream is heating, finely chop the chocolates.
- Melt the sugar until you obtain a clear caramel.
- Deglaze the caramel with the infused milk and hot cream, after removing the vanilla pod.
- Once some of the water has evaporated, weigh the caramel and add cream until you obtain a mixture weighing 360g, then add the salt.
- Pour the hot mixture (65°C) over the chopped chocolate.
- Leave to melt for 2 minutes, then whisk in small concentric circles until smooth and glossy.
- Finish by adding the cold agave syrup (4°C). At the end, the mixture should be between 32°C and 36°C.
- Put into a container (egg cup, shell egg, ramekin) and leave to cool for around 1 hour before enjoying with your mouillettes.