Easter Chocolate Moelleux Cake Recipe
To celebrate Easter, Nicolas Cloiseau, Chef at La Maison du Chocolat and Meilleur Ouvrier de France, has come up with a recipe that's sure to tantalize the taste buds of gourmets young and old!
As an apprentice pastry chef, show off your talents and create a delicious chocolate moelleux.
Happy tasting and Happy Easter!
- a 20cm-diameter mold
Creating the Moelleux
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MOELLEUX
- 4 eggs
- 160g caster sugar
- 160g dark chocolate 70% minimum
- 100g soft butter
- 35 ml rapeseed oil
- 55g T55 flour
- 4 small Easter praline eggs (2 dark chocolate eggs and 2 milk chocolate eggs)
RECIPE FOR THE MOELLEUX
- Melt the chocolate and mix with the melted butter and oil.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar, then stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Add the sifted flour and pour 2/3 of the mixture into a silicone mould.
- Add praline-coated eggs and pour the last third of the mixture into the mold.
- Let stand 30 min at room temperature.
- Bake at 180°C for approx. 25 minutes.
- After cooling, refrigerate for 2 hours and glaze with chocolate icing.
Making the Chocolate Glaze
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 200g dark chocolate 60% minimum
- 40 ml rapeseed oil
- 25g chopped toasted almonds
- 25g chopped roasted hazelnuts
THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE RECIPE
- Melt the chocolate bars, then add the oil and dried fruit.
- Use the mixture at 40°C to coat the cold moelleux.
Enjoy your Easter chocolate cake at room temperature. Enjoy!
La Maison du Chocolat revinviorgates a classic French pastry by offering you its own version of lemon pound cake: a cake that is both delicious and light
Parisian Macaron 12 Piece Gift Box
Dark Chocolate Ganache nestled in a crunchy French meringue shell, with four intense flavors: dark chocolate, milk chocolate, caramel chocolate, passion chocolate...assortment in a box of 12 macarons.