The Mysteries of the Chocolate Charlotte Recipe Revealed
Nicolas Cloiseau, Chef at La Maison du Chocolat and Meilleur Ouvrier de France, reveals the secrets behind his chocolate charlotte.
It's up to you!
Preparing the Cocoa Cookie
INGREDIENTS FOR THE COCOA COOKIE
- 5 eggs (100g yolks and 150g whites)
- 130g caster sugar
- 100g flour
- 25g cocoa powder
RECIPE FOR COCOA COOKIE
- Blanch egg yolks with 20g sugar.
- Beat egg whites with 110g sugar.
- Gently combine the two mixtures, then fold in the sifted flour and cocoa powder.
- Using a piping bag and a 10 mm plain tip, pipe 2 12 cm-diameter spirals and 40 sponge-cookies the height of your charlotte mould.
- Bake at 190°C for approx. 7 minutes.
Crafting the Chocolate Mousse
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- 180g minimum 70% dark chocolate bar
- 30g minimum Milk 35% bar
- 95g soft butter
- 3 eggs, 60g yolks
- 70g caster sugar
- 7 eggs for 210g whites
RECIPE FOR CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Melt the dark and milk chocolate at 45°C.
- Add the softened butter and mix well.
- Blanch yolks with 30g sugar.
- Beat egg whites until stiff with 40g sugar.
- Incorporate the blanched yolks with the chocolate and butter mixture, then gently fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
Garnishing and Decoration : Your Masterpiece the Chocolate Charlotte
GARNISH AND DECORATION
- 3 trays of raspberries
Keep enough raspberries to decorate the charlotte. Crush the remaining raspberries with a fork and halve.
ASSEMBLING THE CHOCOLATE CHARLOTTE
- Place the sponge fingers around the inside of the mould and place a disc of sponge fingers at the bottom.
- Place half the coarsely crushed raspberries on top.
- Pour over half the mousse and repeat with the cookie, raspberries and mousse.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for 5 hours, then unmould and arrange the whole raspberries on top.
Parisian Macaron 12 Piece Gift Box
Dark Chocolate Ganache nestled in a crunchy French meringue shell, with four intense flavors: dark chocolate, milk chocolate, caramel chocolate, passion chocolate...assortment in a box of 12 macarons.
La Maison du Chocolat revinviorgates a classic French pastry by offering you its own version of lemon pound cake: a cake that is both delicious and light