Christmas Spice Bliss: Nicolas Cloiseau's Festive Sablé Recipe
Immerse yourself in the ambiance of the end of the year Holidays and the wonderful aromas of Holiday spices with the sablé recipe of Nicolas Cloiseau, Master Chef of La Maison du Chocolat, Meilleur Ouvrier de France.
For 50 sablés
Quality Ingredients for Irresistible Festive Treats
- 155g soft butter
- 65g caster sugar
- 70g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of milk (17 ml)
- 315g flour
- 4g baking powder
- 2 pinches of salt (1g)
- 2 pinches of four spices blend (2g)
- 4 pinches of cinnamon (2g)
- 2 pinches of ground black coffee (1g)
Step-by-Step Guide to Crafting Flavorful Holiday SablésT
- Heat the milk with the salt and coffee. Let it infuse for 15 minutes.
- Cream the butter with the two sugars.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and add the butter.
- Filter the milk. Blend it with the egg and incorporate everything into the mixture (flour-baking powder-butter).
- Gently blend.
- Chill for two hours.
- After removing the dough from the refrigerator, allow it to warm up. Roll out the dough to obtain a desired thickness of 3 mm.
- Cut out the Holiday shapes (Christmas tree, star, snowflake...) before sprinkling them with brown sugar and the spices.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes in an oven at 150°C.
- To decorate your sablés, have on hand some melted chocolate, some royal icing (blend of egg whites, confectioner’s sugar, and lemon juice), caster sugar, sprinkles…
Peru Eclatant 70%
Fruity & Woody notes