Christmas Shortbread with Ganache: Festive Delights by Chef Nicolas Cloiseau
Melt-in-your-mouth Christmas shortbread. Enter the magic of the festive season with this new recipe from our Chef Nicolas Cloiseau, Meilleur Ouvrier de France Chocolatier!
Serves : 14 shortbread
Preparation time : 45 min
Rest : 30 min
Cooking time : 7 min
Christmas shortbread with ganache
Delightful Ingredients for the Christmas Shortbread
85 g flour
70 g butter
30 g almond powder
20 g powdered sugar
20 g brown sugar
1 egg yolk
10 g cocoa powder
10 g Noir Robuste 84% bar
1 g yeast
1 pinch salt
Crafting the Perfect Christmas Shortbread: Step-by-Step Process
- In a bowl, using a mixer or by hand, blend together 2/3 of the softened butter, the powdered sugar and the brown sugar. Add the almond powder and pinch of salt.
- Add the egg yolk.
- Melt the chocolate with the remaining butter. Add to the mixture and continue mixing.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Once the dough has formed, shape into a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Once out of the fridge, roll out the dough thinly between two sheets of parchment paper to prevent sticking (approx. 2 mm thick).
- Cut out discs with a cookie cutter (approx. 6-7cm in diameter), keeping half of them cold, and cut out a star shape in the center of the other half.
- Place the pastry discs on the baking sheet and superimpose the 2nd disc with the star shape. Press lightly to stick them together.
- Bake the shortbread for approximately 7 minutes. Leave to cool when removed from the oven.
- To make the ganache, bring the cream and vanilla to the boil. Pour the cream over the chocolate, leave to melt and whisk until the ganache is smooth and shiny.
- Using a piping bag, fill the stars of each sablé with ganache.
- Leave to cool so that the ganache sets slightly, then enjoy!